I used to really enjoy writing here and then the pressure to be funny and quick witted started to get to me and I stopped. But I like being funny. And quick witted. So sans pressure, I will begin to write again. Sometimes about my kids, sometime about my job, or sometimes whatever the hell happens to float past the vastness that is my mind.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Sonny has got a point
I've been a little bit bad lately about bribing the kids with various things. It's bad I know but I take comfort in the fact that I try to make it somewhat fun or healthy things and not just sugar or crap. Yesterdays "If you relax and stop acting crazy I will...." was watching drill routines of Filipino inmates to soundtracks of various Micheal Jackson songs. Somewhere in my searches on Youtube I came across some music videos of MJ himself and thought that might be fun. Although to be honest the first couple I started, I ended early because there is only so much crouch groping a four and two year old should see. All your judgements aside, I found a few that were just fun. We were watching "They don't really care about us" and it was pretty much MJ just dancing around in a public street. It was one of his later songs though so he looked like.... well the way Micheal Jackson did in his later years. Ethan pipes up with, "Mom is Micheal Jackson a girl?" I of course said that he was a man and to never let your pa hear you say that. He then said "Well, he has long hair and make up on. I think he is a girl" I told him that some boys like to have their hair long and wear make up. He said he thought that was pretty funny and he still thought Micheal was a girl. Kind of made me start thinking. He was a little odd. Maybe he really did turn himself from a black man to a white woman? The things I spend my days pondering really get me wondering if I have anything better to do. In the mean time, the boys and I will enjoy the incarceration practices of the east and eat pop corn while doing so. What will we think about tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment