So this happened a while ago but I haven't been wanting to write lately for some reason. But I certainly thinks that it is worthy of a little posting.
So I had just finished planting the rest of my plants in the garden which took my a while longer than expected but whatever. Anyway, the boys were of course out there helping me and Ethan piped up with
"That's a damn fine good looking garden you got there Mama."
Why yes, yes it is.....however.....
"Thank you son. I agree with you. It is a damn fine good looking garden but I don't think that is a word someone of your age and size should be using. Do you think that you could find a way to say that, that is a little more appropriate?"
He pauses to think and you can see he is really trying.
"Hmmm..... I think the garden looks really nice?????"
"Very good" :)
We agreed that when he gets to be a bit taller he can try using that word again to see if its something he wants to use, but in the mean time he would stick to expanding his vocabulary in ways that wouldn't get me called to the principles office regularly
No comments:
Post a Comment