I love when I think that I know the ways of the world and my children remind me that there is an infinite world of possibilities that exist and I can learn something new everyday. Take for example the little piggy rhyme. You know the one that you use your little toes for. "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home. This little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none. And this little piggy cried WEE WEE WEE all the way home." This is the way that I always thought it went. I now stand corrected. Ethan asked me to do the little piggy song on his toes and after my rendition as previously stated he says "Mom, that sounded nice but I don't think that is the way that it really goes" by which I responded with probably a little more 'tude than was necessary when conversing with a 5 year old, "Oh really"
"Yep. I will tell you the way that it goes."
He clears his throat and grabs at my feet to use as example piggies.
"This little piggy lived at the farm, this little piggy went to the grocery market. This little piggy wished he could go to the store with his big brother but he wouldn't let him because he wanted some alone time, this little piggy had tuna fish sandwiches. And the baby little piggy liked to visit the zoo"
He then asked me how I liked his version and if we should make that the new way of saying it all the time and I of course agreed. Tuna fish sandwiches are so much better than roast beef and who doesn't like to visit the zoo? Like I said....learn something new every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment