Like every good mother I try to answer my children's questions with the most honesty as is age appropriate. I also believe in telling them how things really are. So when questions like "what makes me a boy and you a girl?" come up well there is really only one way to answer that. Boys are boys because they have a penis and girls are girls because they have a vagina. Well after about a week of identifying every one we met by there body parts, such as "that boy is a boy because he has a penis." and "Does that girl have a vagina?", Ethan finally got the concept and let it drop for a while. This was all before I had the baby of course and it wasn't very long before questions came up on how the baby was going to get out of my tummy and again...Honesty. We went over how the baby comes out of the mom's vagina and yada yada. Needless to say he has a very clear understanding of "how things work" as far as birth goes. Thankfully enough we had only a few questions on how the baby got in there in the first place and he was pacified with level one answers. Now comes the funny part of the story....
So I am listening to them play this morning and they have this huge 4 foot tall stuffed dog that apparently was "with child" Children actually. And more specifically my children. Yep. The big stuffed dog was pregnant with my children. So this is what I hear.
"Ok Caleb. We are going to come out of the Mama doggies vagina soon. Its going to be scary and she is going to scream really loud. Are you ready? Ok. I am going to go first because I am the oldest and then you. Just hold on tight and it will all be over soon. Ok? Ready? Here we go......"
By this time I am laughing so hard that I can't hear the rest of the narrative but had certainly heard enough to remind myself how awesome my kids are.
I suppose I should be happy they are playing and not fighting.
No comments:
Post a Comment